Linguists Help Center

FAQ Linguists Billing, Accounting and Payment


Is my income subject to taxation?

Monday, March 29, 2021 2:58 PM

Your payments from GC are gross. As a freelancer, you are responsible for declaring your income to the relevant tax authorities.

  • Freelancers based in Germany are required to have a valid tax number (Steuernummer) or VAT number (Umsatzsteuernummer), which they need to state in their account. 
  • In case you are a small business owner in Germany (Kleinunternehmer) we will consider this and issue credit invoices excluding VAT.
  • GC pays the fee for the artist social security benefits office (Künstlersozialkasse).