Client Help Center
- How does greatcontent work?
- How does greatcontent select its linguists?
- What services does greatcontent offer?
- How does greatcontent ensure quality?
- In how many languages does greatcontent provide its services?
- How many linguists work with greatcontent?
- Does greatcontent provide sample texts?
- How does greatcontent ensure unique content?
- Can greatcontent implement keywords in a defined density?
- How do I place an order?
- How to whitelist greatcontent email addresses?
- How can I create new orders?
- Which kind of orders are available?
- What are keywords?
- How can I define a deadline for my order?
- Can I use a briefing and add a separate desciption per order?
- What happens when an order has been delivered by a linguist?
- Can I define word and character limits?
- How do I configure bulk-upload XLS files?
- Can I cancel an already placed order?
- Stopwords and Flex endings
- What happens if my order is not finished on time?
- Why is my order taking longer than expected?
- Can orders be auto-accepted?
- Can I limit the number of linguists I work with?
- How are linguists classified?
- Can I group several linguists for a defined project?
- How can I communicate with a linguist?
- Can I work only with one linguist?
- How can I search for a suitable linguist?
- Can I rate a linguist after he wrote a text?
- Can I limit the number of texts a linguist writes for me?
- Can I auto-accept orders from a certain linguist?
- How can I bookmark/blacklist the linguists?
- In which industry fields does greatcontent classify linguists?
- Which export and file format options are offered?
- Can I export only defined sections of a text?
- Can I receive my finished texts via email?
- Can greatcontent push texts against an external API?
- How do I connect my shop-system?
- How do I connect my CMS system?
- How do I connect to GC API?
- How can I check error details during API exports?
- How to setup the Wordpress Connector?
- Which text formatting options are offered?
- Why am I paying VAT on my invoices?
- How do I add a deposit to my account?
- When and how do I receive an invoice?
- Which invoice types are offered?
- Which payment methods are offered?
- How do I add an PO number to my invoice?
- Where can I add my VAT number?
- Why does the system not accept my VAT number?
- Can I receive my invoices to a defined email address?
- Where do I find my account balance?
- I've created a Paypal deposit but did not receive a payment link?
- I've created a bank deposit, when will it be visible in my account?
- I need my invoice corrected, whom should I contact?
- Does greatcontent provide different currencies?
- Can I withdraw from the existing deposit from my account?
- Why do I receive an invoice with 16% VAT if I'm based in Germany?
What makes a good briefing?
Thursday, September 24, 2020 6:04 PM
Briefings are one of the key ingredients to make your project successful. In order to inform our linguists appropriately make sure you cover the following points in your briefings:
- Introduction: Welcome, the author, explaining to her/him what the tasks are generally about and give some overview of the changes to the briefing as it evolved over time.
- Context: Describe your company or brand and provide some sources for the linguist to review additional information e.g. in which industry are you active or do you specialize in something.
- Audience: Describe for whom the text is for ideally based on a persona description.
- Style: Describe your brand CI, language, and text body structure.
- Keywords: Describe the usage requirements for your main and secondary keywords.
- SEO Guidelines: Describe additional SEO requirements such as requirements on how to write meta tags, slugs, or use certain special characters.
- Content Structure Guidelines: Describe the structure of the text. This can be extended with a layout to enforce the defined requirements. Please also see: When should I use a text layout?
- Sample text: In case you already have a best-practice example, this always helps.
At the end of the briefing, you can describe what the detailed order should be about and if there are additional steps to be done e.g. answer certain questions in the text or fulfill certain research tasks before writing. This is also the part which you can individualize in bulk, see: Can I use a briefing and add a separate description per order?