11 Ways to Find Topics for Your Content
Have you ever run out of ideas? Well, you are not alone. The truth is that everyone blocks out, including writers and content managers.
There are even situations when you are trying your best to start writing, but the flow is nowhere on the horizon.
The key is to follow some steps to have a relentless defense and fresh content ideas.
Why is Content Ideas Important for Content Marketing?
Also, it would help if you strived to achieve content relevance. It means creating the content your audience personas care about. That will open the way to better ranking and improved traffic. Otherwise, you will publish the materials aimlessly.
How to Find New Content Topic Ideas?
Start with a competitor analysis. First, you should determine the competitors before doing content marketing. The purpose is to wear the glasses of competitors. Wade into following questions:
- What are the competitors' main functions and services?
- What kind of content are they publishing?
- How long has their content been created?
- Which areas of content marketing do they focus on?
- What is the competitor's website URL?
- How does the competitor's website rank in Google?
- Which keywords are they focusing on?
- How much traffic do they get?
- How do you differentiate yourself from them?
- What are the hottest topics that you can use to develop your own content?
This way of thinking encourages you to find ideas. It enables you to think about the everyday business of your competitors. You can see what they are up to and review it.
Keyword Research means working with tools that find relevant phrases that your audience is searching for. It determines the strategic keywords worth going after in your content. You need to pay close attention to:
- What kind of search term do you want to be found on?
- What are the main keywords that you should target?
- How many people are searching for these terms?
- What is this person looking for when searching the keyword phrase?
- What is the potential of the keyword? (it represents the total search traffic you could get if you were to rank at the top of Google for your keyword)
- Where are they searching from?
Tools for Keyword Research
For the Keyword research, you will need to use some tools; here is the list of them:
- First, head over to Wikipedia and type in your broad keyword.
- This will give you a list of pages that have that keyword or phrase in their title. In most cases, the result list will be very long. You will need to sift through the results to find the most relevant pages.
- Then look at the table of contents for that topic.
- There are many answers to any question (whether you ask it or someone else does). So, you can type a relevant keyword in the search bar. Let's say We search for content.
- Click the Space, jump on it and dive into the questions.
Reddit is an internet forum that focuses on news and content. You can find many questions that are relevant to your topic. There are millions of questions, comments, answers, links, and images. Here is what you do:
- Find Niche-related subreddits. For example blogging.
- Research the problem people are facing
- Create relevant content
- Type in your broad Keyword and choose the "Book" Category
- Choose the book with at least 45 reviews
- See what's in the table of contents
- Read the customer reviews
Analyze positive and negative comments on Amazon to understand what are people appreciating also missing. It will give you great topic ideas and the opportunity to fill a void with helpful content.
You can send out a short survey to your customers. They will put you forward with a lot of insights into future content. It will be a great help to plan the future materials relevantly.
Google Image Tags
Type something broad and see the tags above the images. Google considers these tags as something related to the search.
Visit YouTube, start typing terms in the search box and look for the suggested topics.
Check out the table of contents of the niche-related online courses.
Do you want to take your content to another level?
Our experts will be happy to advise you.
Explore related posts
16 Tips to Create How-To Guides
People come up with problems and need to find solutions along the way. Internet users ask search en ...
17th September, 2021
E-Commerce Localization: Why, What, Where, How?
4th October, 2021
How to Write E-Commerce Product Description: Tips for Convincing Online Shoppers
4th October, 2021
E-commerce SEO Tips: SEO Strategy for E-commerce
4th October, 2021