Top Tips For Your Christmas Content Marketing Campaigns
The holiday season is fast approaching: the all important make-or-break time for shops, when customer purchasing is at its height, so you'll need to be thinking about Christmas marketing to get ahead of the curve. This festive time has perhaps never been more important for online retailers: with the pandemic ongoing, more people than ever will be purchasing presents online rather than in physical stores. The opportunity for profit is there, but so is competition. Every store online will be vying for customers? attention, and it will be high quality Christmas marketing which will make the difference in this race. Our top Christmas content marketing campaign ideas below will show how important it is to understand your customers? priorities, to tell the story of your brand and your products, to make your content varied, make the online shopping experience enjoyable, and to be personalised in your Christmas marketing email campaigns.
Adapt to the times
Understanding your customer
Insights from McKinsey have shown that many peoples attitudes to spending have changed since the pandemic began. Now, customers are increasingly:
- Becoming more mindful of where they spend their money
- Changing to less expensive products to save money
- Researching brand and product choices before buying.
Reaching your customer
Content marketing enhances your brand image and explains to potential customers why they need your products. But how to get this quality content marketing out there? This Christmas, the best digital Christmas marketing campaigns will target every avenue, with:
- High quality social media posts
- Engaging product descriptions
- A blog full of valuable information
- A website with dynamic and varied content
- Interactive quizzes
- Seasonal videos
- Personalised emails
Make it personal
Focus on the experience
When online shopping, what people are looking for, as much as gifts for loved ones, is an enjoyable shopping experience. And in this time when socialising has had so many barriers to it, your potential customers are also looking for as sociable a shopping experience as is possible online. Gear your Christmas marketing towards these needs. Your marketing content should:
- Stir emotion in the viewer
- Be easily shareable, with a call-to-action that encourages customers to link their friends to the campaign
- Be an experience in itself ? unique, surprising, engaging, and enjoyable
Interactive quizzes and high-profile influencers will do you a lot of good, but you will still need, as always, an effective email campaign. 20% of all holiday sales are still due to emails, and it's a well-practiced method of reaching customers directly and personally. Top tips include:
- Welcoming new customers to your mailing list. A welcome email can drive 3x the amount of revenue than any other promotion email. Use it as an opportunity to tell your brand's story.
- Emailing personalised recommendations. At this time when people are buying for loved ones, and won't be able to get advice from shop assistants in-person, personalised recommendations can be extremely valuable and appreciated.
Bring on Christmas
In 2018, Holiday online retail sales reached over £3.86 billion in the UK alone. Just imagine the possibilities for 2020. Investing in high quality content marketing at this time will bring phenomenal returns, making your company stand out from the vast online crowd. Plus, don't forget that you can use data gathered from the interactive content to personalise future marketing campaigns and retain your customers. Get in touch to see how greatcontent can create engaging holiday content for you that aligns with your audience and your brand. If your customers having a purchasing experience that feels personalised and informed, you can guarantee they will be with you for life, and not just for Christmas.
Text: The Fox
Image: Marina Khrapova on unsplash.com
Explore related posts
The 8 Best Websites and Blogs about Copywriting
Great copywriting = successful online marketing. A powerful but true equation. Copywriters sell pro ...
1st July, 2020
Why Building a Content Pyramid is the Perfect Foundation for Marketing Success
In the content marketing world, we're always looking for short cuts and "one neat trick" to make our ...
7th October, 2020
Where AI Falls Down – Why Multilingual Content Creation Still Needs The Human Touch
30th December, 2020
How to Be Creative When AI Is Involved
21st December, 2020
How Do Online Shops Build Hybrid Structures With the Content Pyramid?
14th December, 2020